Repair work in Amare
You may have heard the news: Amare’s Concertzaal and Conservatoriumzaal have sunk a few millimetres more than anticipated. All the auditoriums rest on their own foundation to prevent sound transfer between them. So-called ‘shock absorbers’ have been installed between the foundation and the halls, and these have distorted slightly more than was calculated. These shock absorbers will be replaced and strengthened by construction company Cadanz in July and August.
Repair work will be carried out in and around the Concertzaal and Conservatoriumzaal from June through October 2022. This repair work will not affect safety in the building, and will not affect the concerts or performances either. However, it may cause some nuisance to visitors.
What will you notice as a visitor?
- The cloakroom has been moved temporarily to the ground floor at the Spuiplein side of the building.
- When visiting a concert or performance, we recommend using the entrance at Spuiplein.
- The first floor can only be accessed by lift and escalator. It may also take a bit longer for visitors to enter and to leave the halls.
- Brasserie Amare and Juni Stadskantine are open as usual, as are the ticket desk and the Royal Conservatoire.
- The convention centre on the first floor is not accessible during the repair work.
- All concerts and performances in Amare are expected to take place as scheduled. To avoid crowding, we might change the starting times of some concerts or performances. If so, then you will be notified by email in good time.
We shall do our utmost to minimise nuisance for visitors during this period.
Thank you for your understanding!